Avril Lavigne's Wedding


Avril Lavigne said looking back on her wedding day, “It was the biggest moment of my life." It truly was. Avril had been dreaming about this day as a little girl and fulfilled her dreams when she wed fellow singer Deryck Whibley of Sum 41 in a traditional wedding on July 15, 2006 in Montecito, CA at the age of 21 (some trivia: Oprah lives nearby to where the wedding took place).

“I almost started crying as soon as I started walking down the first set of stairs,” said Lavigne. “And I just told myself: ‘You can't cry now, it's the beginning.’ So I had to hold it all in and I wanted to keep my composure. And I did.” In true Avril fashion, she was a "tough chick" but barely looked the part. She wore a stunning custom-made Vera Wang ivory strapless tissue organza gown with wrapped bodice and appliqué lace beaded skirt and had a glow on her face. But I'm getting too ahead of myself.

Avril's day started out with a relaxing massage. After that, she got her hair and make-up done. “I had junk food at the hotel – sandwiches and french fries,” Lavigne recalled of her diet that day. “I didn't eat very much. I had a little. I had some tuna.” Finally, it came time to go to the estate where the wedding would be held. She arrived in the back of a vintage Rolls Royce and walked down the aisle in front of an intimate guest list of about 100 family and friends including her mother, father, sister, brother, and Deryck's mother and stepfather - oh, and the paparazzi, who were at the gates and hovering above the area in helicopters.

Finally, the wedding was over. As they walked back up the aisle, guests tossed rose pedals at Mr. and Mrs. Whibley.They went for a walk around the estate where they read their vows to each other that they had written themselves and went to the wedding reception. While the wedding party enjoyed cocktails, Lavigne changed into a Vera Wang ivory strapless draped Chantilly lace gown for the dinner and reception, held inside a big tent decorated with red roses and other flowers.

Guests enjoyed salmon, steak and ravioli or a selection of vegetarian options. The multi-layer wedding cake was half-chocolate, half-vanilla, reflecting the couple’s different tastes. “It was huge, probably four tiers, maybe five, I didn't count,” said Lavigne. “I fed myself and he fed himself, but we wrapped our arms around each other.” Lavigne revealed she was particularly moved by the best man’s speech (Steve Jocz, Deryck's band mate). “He was talking about when Deryck first met me, the first day he told Steve that he was in love with me...and he just told some cute stories.”

Whibley removed Lavigne’s garter and tossed it into the crowd, where it was caught by one of his male friends. The newlyweds’ first dance was to “Iris” by The Goo Goo Dolls. "It's my favourite song in the world," Lavigne explained. "it's just a pretty ballad." But the slow dance was awkward, she added. “We were on the dance floor hugging and stuff,” said Lavigne. “We never really danced before. People don't really do that nowadays. The last time I really danced was at a school dance. I have danced at clubs with my friends, but as far as slow dancing goes, younger people don't go out and dance and stuff.”

 

0 komentar: